Members of BRiC's Resilience Team and Private Group have featured in different media outlets covering issues surrounding breast cancer.
- BRiC's award winning blog, Panning for Gold, in top rated breast cancer blogs 2020 as voted by @healthline
- BRiC on mental health and emotional well-being in breast cancer with Breast Cancer Now (May 2020) - over 28K listeners/viewers on facebook!
- BRiC speaks with Dr Tasha Gandamihardja, consultant oncoplastic breast cancer surgeon, on how to improve emotional well-being in breast cancer (June 2020). Read and Listen here
- BRiC features in the Birkbeck Annual Review (2018):"Empowering women with breast cancer"(pages 32 - 33)
- BRiC wins Birkbeck Public Engagement Award, 2019, for its outreach to women with breast cancer as well as its public engagement activities!! See here
- BRiC speaks to Breast Cancer Now about PTSD (2018). See here.
- BRiC in top two breast cancer websites in the UK (2018). See here
- Our recent research soon to be published in Psycho-oncology has received impressive press coverage since 13.04.18: At Birkbeck, The Daily Mirror, Yahoo News, Irish News, BT News, Breaking News, Evening Telegraph, Healtheo360, infoglitz, The Evening Express, The Press and Journal.
- Our members have blogged for the HuffPost:
Head of BRiC: Nazanin Derakhshan
Former Deputy Head of BRiC: Tamsin Sargeant
And more blogs by Tamsin: see here.
BRiC Member: Bonnie Fox
BRiC Member: Penny Rutterford
BRiC Member: Mary Huckle
Ambassador Dr Caroline Humber (below left) joined the #NotSecondRate campaign trail with Breast Cancer Care at the Labour Party Conference in Brighton in October 2017. She spoke to Jeremy Corbyn about the fight for better services for patients with secondary breast cancer.
Member Sarah (above 2nd left) also attended the Labour Party Conference on the #NotSecondRate campaign with Caroline, where she had the wonderful experience of working with Breast Cancer Care highlighting the issues surrounding secondary breast cancer, and she met Eddie Izzard!
Susan Quirke on 'How I climbed out of the pit of despair', with Cancer Research UK. Watch the Video.
Ambassador Dr Caroline Humber featured in a Sun online article reporting that tens and thousands of women with incurable breast cancer are being denied crucial NHS specialist nursing care.
BRiC member Alison Tait pleased at the approval of Kadcyla, read here in the Edinburgh News
BRiC member Bonnie Fox battles for Kadcyla, read here in Breast Cancer Now.
BRiC member Alison Tait fighting for the NHS to approve Kadcyla, read here in the Daily Record
Deputy Tamsin Sargeant featured in the Guardian discussing her BRCA1 genetic testing and how this resulted in her finding a half-sister she hadn't known existed.
BRiC member Bonnie Fox on the voice of secondary breast cancer and approving Kadcyla, read here on BBC news.
Deputy Vicky Wilkes attended the Conservative Party Conference with Breast Cancer Care at the ICC Birmingham in October 2016, where she lobbied MPs with the #NotSecondRate campaign and spoke to Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt and other government ministers about the fight for better services for patients with secondary breast cancer.
Vicky attended an event at the Houses of Parliament, again with Breast Cancer Care lobbying MPs, this time across all parties. Sharon Hodgson MP, Shadow Minister for Public Health including cancer care, showed a particular interest in her plight as she is a member of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Breast Cancer.
Deputy Tamsin Sargeant featured in Vita, the breast cancer magazine, discussing her genetic testing for the BRCA1 gene which brought her together with her half sister whom she had never met.